Whats On Ben Stokes' Mind?

Saturday, January 19, 2008

Ben's Guide To Music/Movies Vol 3 1st Edition

Its not often that I will watch comedy movies 3 times in a row, but for some reason recently, it happened. Anyway, I save my 9 and 10 ratings for my favorite movies ever and the best movies ever made, and I have never seen a comedy movie yet that I have ever given a 9 or 10, the highest comedy movie rating I've ever given is an 8 to Monty Python's Life Of Brian. So basically, any comedy movie that is around the 7 range is pretty good for me.

Blues Brothers- 7/10 (B-)
You gotta love this movie. Though I could do without some of the musical numbers, its a fun movie. It combines music, comedy, and action brilliantly and makes this movie very enjoyable. Dan Akroyd and John Belushi make a great pair and this movie has some memorable scenes and lines.

Hot Fuzz- 5/10 (C-)
This is the 2nd very highly acclaimed comedy movie that Edgar Wright directed (Shaun of the Dead was the other). First of all, I will say that the writing for this comedy movie is very good. There are alot of original ideas and some great lines. However, I enjoyed this movie in bits and pieces but all together I was semi-entertained. The problem I had with this movie as well as Shaun of the dead is that it pokes fun at the horror/gore/action genre very well, however I don't particularly like gore/blood/horror stuff mixed in with comedy movies. I know some of the gory stuff is supposed to be done in a funny type way, but I didn't really find a dude slipping on a toy car then landing his throat straight through a metal stake all that amusing, more gross. Anyway, enjoyed some, and didn't enjoy some.

Clerks-7/10 (B-)
This is one pretty funny movie. I have to say that I knocked it down a bit because I do have morals and a couple things went a bit too far. Overall though, the writing appealed to my sense of humor and I thought the character of "Randall" was absoltely hysterical. Definetly deserves to be called a classic comedy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home